Pt. Defiance Zoo 9/2012

They remodeled the zoo!  It looks different, but it's really nice.  I was very disappointed that the beluga whales are gone though!  They were my FAVORITE as a kid.  Sad.  
These pictures speak for themselves.
Sweet Jessica-this was the first zoo she's been to since she was a baby.  She was in heaven!
The aquarium.
This is a tidepool lab. 
Penguins are cute, but they sure smell bad.  
The octopus was ACTUALLY out of its cave!!!  I have been to this zoo many, many times and have never seen the octopus out!!  This is seriously amazing.
Odd creatures.  
Going back into hiding.  We're reading 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and this reminds me of it. 
I haven't seen a monkey puzzle tree for a long time!
This was the cutest "Budgie Buddies" exhibit.   
They're trying to be brave here, they were a little worried.  
HAHAHAHA!!  This picture makes me laugh.  Their faces are priceless.  
Asher was the bravest of them all.  
Their updated Tiger exhibit lets you see the Tigers up a lot closer.  

The lemurs are new...
I am fond of Foxes now that I share their name.  :)
The Meerkats are cute. 
The best part...baby tiger!! How lucky were we? 

4 comments:

Betsy Fox said...

We have such fond memories of going there with your family years ago. We still have the sweatshirt we bought for Clark because we'd forgotten his jacket. Every single one of our kids has worn it and I always think of you guys!

Amy F. said...

Awww, love that Betsy! We were so pleased that you chose to come all the way up to visit us then. Our kids were so little! The time has gone by quickly hasn't it?

Betsy Fox said...

I saw this post and literally was planning on mentioning that sweatshirt in a comment.......but Betsy beat me to it. That Gig Harbor trip was a special one for us. Can't wait to see you guys this summer!!!! ABE

Amy F. said...

Funny Abe! We're looking forward to this summer also!