Home Sweet Home 9/2012

This is the driveway leading to 13007-122nd Ave. KPN Gig Harbor, WA 98335.
The home where  my family lived from the time I was nine until I went to college.
My yard was a forest.  I didn't know how good I had it.  
The trail behind the Fosdick's (neighbors) that led to Minter Creek. 
The big ravine. 

My heart was singing with joy to walk these trails with my own children.
Ferns grow everywhere.
This is one of the many red cedar stumps in the woods.  They are home to red huckleberry plants, that for some reason need a red cedar stump to grow.  
These berries are tart.  It would take hours to pick enough for a pie, but it was the BEST PIE EVER!!
I haven't had one since I was about 18.  It's doubtful I'll ever have one again.  Sad.  I wish I had time to pick all these.
We picked a handful and made pancakes with them.  
I would have taken a picture of our old house, but the new owner was out in his yard and  I didn't want to bother him.
It was wonderful to visit where I grew up!

No comments: