GG's Funeral and Burial 10/2012

GG and Alexis at Shauna's Wedding 2009
I was able to fly to San Mateo to stay with my Grandpa Harrington for GG's (my mom's mother) funeral.  She was in the hospital less than two weeks and passed away.  We were so sad about it.  I love my grandma very much.  She was so loving and selfless.  She enjoyed her two daughters, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.  She always sent us See's Lollipops for Valentine's Day and visited us every year until she couldn't travel anymore.  She was a reader, her favorite genre...romance novels.  I always laugh to think of it.  We'll miss her and having her presence in our home and the weekly phone calls.  Love you GG!!
The four remaining Stevens sisters.  
Going though her jewelry and trinkets.
My uncles and aunt from my grandpa's second marriage.  It was great to spend time with them, I don't see them often enough.  I wish my whole family could have come.
My Great-Grandpa and Grandmother Stevens graves.  GG was buried next to her parents.  
The hardest part was Shauna and my Mom saying goodbye.  
My mom and I stopped by a See's we were driving by on the way home because it reminded us of her.
We're missing her, but It comforts me to know that we'll see her again someday.  Little Jessica still prays for her that she'll have a big mansion in heaven and have a family.  I hope her prayers are true.  :)  GG deserves it.  

No comments: