Homesick 4/2011

I don't often write thoughts/feelings on my blog, but every once and a while I feel the whim.

I am homesick!  I really miss Tualatin and I've been pining for Gig Harbor, but when I'm thinking of these places I'm really missing the people.  (Okay, and the beach and blackberries).  We have made some really great friends over the years that feel like family. 

It's been a tough couple of years in a lot of ways.  I'm trying to notice the little things in life that bring me happiness, like  chubby baby legs or the chocolate chip cookies I made tonight, but sometimes I feel like I want to go home to people I love and miss.  Maybe this is Post-Partum Depression talking.  Ugh.  After winter always comes spring right???  :)

7 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

I love all the updates. Your family is beautiful and you are an amazing mother. I remember when we were roommates I was always amazed by how much stuff you not only knew how to do but could do so well. You have such a kind heart and your children are truly blessed to call you their mother. I hate postpartum and am so sorry you are going through it. You have such a good attitude and you are right, once the sun comes out things will look brighter! Love you!

GoAbbles said...

We miss you and your family here as well. I'm so sorry you are feeling homesick. I wish that I could just magically come over and give you a big giant hug. I have always admired you for the fact that you never said anything negative to anyone. You are such a great person and good example to many. We love you.

Clark Fox said...

I always feel better after I share on my blog-- hopefully you do too. I'm sorry you're in a rough patch and you are right that it will get better. It always does. Love you.

Rebecca said...

We miss you being here too! But I'm glad we still get to visit once in a while! Love your pictures from BYU-I. You have a great camera! So pretty!

Carrie said...

Oh Amy!!! We miss you guys too.

Mandy said...

We miss you more! If there is one thing I know, it is that the Fox family is the most resiliant, faithful, and solid people you can find. You will get through - beautifully - hang in there. Sending our love. And I know the answers and blessing will keep flowing. Love ya.

heatherhousewife said...

We miss your family too, all the time, though I bet you don't miss where we live! :) Good for you for making note of the little blessings around you in a time of uncertainty. I know I am getting practice there, too, but I can see it is helping me to mature and be wiser. We send our love your way!