He's here!! 10/2010

Well, I'm really behind in blogging, and pictures will come eventually, but I wanted to announce something exciting!!

BABY ASHER IS HERE!

Asher David Fox was born 23 days early on Wednesday October 13th, 2010

6 lbs 2 oz

17 1/2 inches long

He is the skinny little redhead boy that we were expecting when we had John.  They don't look alike at all.  :)  He looks like Jesse and Annie.

I got my epidural the last hour, thankfully! 

He is considered a premie (a big one). 

We had to stay in the hospital an extra day because he was jaundiced, but his lungs are great. 

I've been having a hard time getting him to nurse.  I guess that early babies can be lazy.  I've gotten 3 hours of sleep a night.  Last night was a big improvement though.  I got 6!!!  Hopefully we can keep that up.

We're doing well overall and we're so glad he's completed our family.

15 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

Congrats! It will be so fun for John to have a brother and I can't wait to see pics. I am glad you are doing well!

Natalie Jane said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see pics :)

Reese said...

Congrats Amy! I don't know how you do it but I am sending you good mom vibes to get through all the sleepless nights:) Can't wait to see how you make it work with six!

Rebecca said...

Amy!!!! OHMIGOSH!! We had our baby boys THE SAME DAY!!! Oct. 13th! WOW! They'll be bosom buddies for sure!!! Congrats! I'm suffering all the same things--except, well, my baby is NOT tiny! (8 lb, 9 oz) I envy the fact you got out of pregnancy a month early! Well, good luck on so little sleep---I FEEL your pain (right now!)

Betsy Fox said...

Hooray! That was the best news to hear. I'm so happy for you and your family. I am DYING to see pictures. Tell Jesse to get on it!
Good luck with the nursing and sleeping. Love you guys!

Betsy Fox said...

Hooray! That is the best news. I'm so happy for you and your family. We can't wait to see him. I'm DYING for pictures! Good luck with the nursing and the sleeping. Love you guys!

Kirsten Brockner said...

Congratulations! I bet you're glad he's here. Take care of yourself!

Jen Anderson said...

oh Amy, I am so happy and excited for you! I can not wait to see pictures of this little mini Jesse! :) How are the kids liking him? I am sure he is being spoiled rotten!
Hang in there! You are such a strong and wonderful mother. This time will pass so quickly.
Love you and give Asher a big kiss from me!

Cristy said...

Congratulations, Amy! I can't wait to see pictures of him!

Lisa P. said...

Yeah! You are amazing! welcome Asher.

camfox said...

Hooray! I can't wait to see him! I hope you're recovering well Amy. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Congratulations, and hang in there!

Kathleen Jolley Fox said...

Thank you-Thank you for another precious grand child. I am truly humbled by all my wonderful daughters-in-law and my two daughters and their desire to give birth to and raise this generation of strong and beautiful children. I am so proud of you. Love, Grandma Fox Hoo-Ray for #49, ASHER!

Carrie said...

CONGRATULATIONS Fox Family!!! I can't wait for pictures!!!

Abe Fox said...

We got Asher's announcement, thanks for sending that to us!

And again, HUGE Congratulations!!

We are so glad all of you are doing so well!! Asher is a MIRACLE!!

Sonnet and Cameron said...

Thanks for the picture you sent! He is absolutely adorable! Congrats Amy and Jesse. We sure miss you guys!