Hike on Oregon Coast 7/09


John is already a protecting big brother. He tried to help Jessica along the trail.

We went on a hike with our big group of family and had a wonderful time. It was warm out, but in the shade of the dense forest it was fantastic. Betsy and Abe organized it (what was the hike called?). I believe it was a mile or so. Our kids did great. Just when the little ones were tired we were done. I especially enjoyed it because it looked almost exactly like the forest I grew up in in Gig Harbor. I loved being outdoors in nature and it was lovely to go through with our kids and tell them the names of plants. I was reminiscing and happy. Alexis and Julia ran ahead, so most of our pictures are with our younger three.



John sees something!


Jessica and Daddy


I love Jessica's smile!

By a big fallen cedar tree.


It was dark with all the trees!


There was a meadow on a huge hill at the end of the hike. It was hot!

That's Annie, melting in the corner.


It was a dusty road in.

No comments: