Blackberry picking 8/09


It's our tradition the last 8 or 9 years of living in Gig Harbor and Portland to stock our freezer with blackberries for the year. We try to get enough to make at least a pie a month and make some syrup. I did this as a child as well. It is great fun. We come out of it with purple fingers and scratched hands and arms, but it's worth it! This year we took Becca with us!

Annie

Julia-sneaking a taste.

Aren't they gorgeous?

Annie got the low ones...

Julia and Alexis are getting good at this.


Becca (my sister).

I didn't plan for the letters on my t-shirt to follow the curve of the bowl. Funny.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow! When you post, you POST! Took me awhile to catch up--but your family takes the cake for all the fun things you do! Families are the best huh!

Cristy said...

This looks like so much fun! I love the pictures.

Kirsten Brockner said...

I was thinking the same thing about posts! Those berries look yummy and how fun! I like Annnie's haircut..very cute