Homeschool

Today is Jessica's 2nd birthday! She's having a fun day so far and down for a nap right now.

I've got tons of blogging to catch up on, but I just had to write down a thought I had today.

I feel like I am constantly fighting this messy house and trying to keep up with everything on my plate. I rarely sit down, so why can't I do it all?

It occured to me that with homeschool, it is as if I am a full time teacher, only while I'm "at work" my kids are still messing up my house!!

I am trying and I know that when the mess is gone, my kids will be too, so I have to just keep on keeping on. :)

March is the offical "homeschool burnout month" and it hit me on the first day!!

6 comments:

Reese said...

Ummmm. I don't even homeschool, and my house is still a crazy mess. If I homeschooled, I think my floors would be invisible to the naked eye. Don't be so hard on yourself! Give credit where credit is due. Your kids will never remember how clean your house was when they were small!

Jen Anderson said...

Amy,
You are supermom to me and it is a miracle that you haven't lost your mind by also being a full-time teacher. I never have understood how you do it all.
Remember, you don't have to do it all, it's ok to say "I can't do it all", heck, I say that all the time and I send my big kids to school 5 days a week!! :)
Miss you guys so so so much. I can't believe Jessica is 2!, how did that happen?
I hope we get to see you guys soon, before another year goes by.
oxox, Jen

Rebecca said...

I totally understand you! I have no answers. My hope one day is to hire a full time nanny! Until then, God will just have to understand! (and our friends too!) Remember, don't run faster than you have strength. You are doing a good job! (make that an amazing job!!!)

Betsy Fox said...

Hi Amy,
Oh, I hear you!
I comfort myself by telling myself if I really wanted my house to be clean, it would be. I just want other things more. That being said, I've always found your house immaculate (at least compared to mine).
Thank you for the flowers. I keep forgetting to call or email. Those lilies last so long that we're still enjoying them. They smell beautiful.

Amy F. said...

Thanks for the moral support everyone! I am trying to get more organized, but I am realizing I need to just do my best and let things slide more. I'm my toughest critic. :) All of you ladies are good examples to me in so many ways!!

Jesse Fox said...

Yes, I am looking at our family blog voluntarily. And yes, Amy is a supermom and a superwife! I love you Amy.