Old Town Sacramento 11/09


On our trip down to Sacramento for my Aunt's wedding we went to old town Sacramento a couple of the days there. It is a quaint little area of the city with old fashioned shops and museums. The kids had a grand ol' time!



This is a bust of Theodore Dehone Judah, a famous Civil Engineer who was instrumental in bringing about Americas first Transcontinental Railroad. We visited the railroad museum too. Those pics are coming.


Uncle Kelly came with us and he's showing our kids some tricks (without rollerblades this time).


My absolute favorite part of the city was the school house museum. I love the idea of the one room school house and as a homeschooling mom, teaching is close to my heart. The kids imagined themselves as students there. So darling.


They're ready to begin!


The cobblestone streets were pretty.

For some reason this school house made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

In the schoolyard....



It was only $10 for a carriage ride. Can you believe I've never been on one before? It was a lot of fun riding around the city.



The Candy Store!!!! Barrels of fun!!

2 comments:

Betsy Fox said...

That school house is just what I imagine an old school should be. How fun for your kiddos. Merry Christmas! We miss you.

Amy F. said...

Merry Christmas to you too Betsy!!