Behind in life. 4/09

Mastitis. I have had it many times with each child and it's been really bad this year. I was really happy that I was well for almost four weeks in March. I thought I was finally over it, but I have it AGAIN!!!! We had a great trip to Utah and through Rexburg and Spokane for Julia's baptism, and I started feeling it the day before we went home. It wasn't a pleasant drive and I've felt worse the last couple of days even on medications. I have had mastitis, or been on antibiotics for mastitis since Christmas. I am so tired of being sick. School is slow, my house is generally messy and I am trying to wean Jessica, but she really doesn't want to quit nursing and refuses milk from a bottle or cup. I hope I can get her weaned soon. It is so frustrating! I want to practice piano with my girls, go on walks on our nice weather days, go to church, blog all of the pictures that I have waiting on my camera, go on a date with my husband, etc, etc. I know I'm complaining, but this is sort of an explanation to my friend who's had a baby who I haven't called, for our piano teacher who will be shocked to see how much my kids have regressed, for my not being totally on top of my church calling and anyone else I've neglected. I know this will only last for a short season, but it is really crummy. I haven't felt normal for so long I don't know what I'll do with myself when I'm healthy again. Thanks for letting me vent. :)

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Amy, I had no idea. You cover it up so well with your sweet smile.I had mastitis with Maya really bad, too. I am soooooo sorry. I can not imagine feeling that way all the time. I truely hope you start feeling better.

Amy Eagleston said...

I am so sorry. Mastitis is the worst. I had chronic mastitis with George and had to be on an anti-biotic the whole time I nursed then when I got it really bad again with Charlie I just gave up the whole nursing gig. You are such a good mom. Hang in there.

Betsy Fox said...

I'm so sorry, my friend. That is a terrible feeling to have to so much you want to do and just not be able to do it. I guess it a blessing that you felt as well as you did for the trip. We enjoyed your company SOOOO much. Thank you for making the journey. Good luck with that mastitis.

Katie Fox said...

I am so sorry Amy. I hope you get feeling better soon we would really like to get together with you guys. Good Luck and get well soon.
P.S. It's healthy to blog vent every now and then so don't apologize:)

Sonnet and Cameron said...

Oh my word Amy! You poor thing! I too am so glad you were feeling well for the trip. It was so fabulous to see you guys. Some things never change and it always feels like old times with the Fox's!

Mandy said...

Amy - what can I do? You always find ways to take care of me when I need it...wish I wasn't in such a "precarious" situation myself right now - I'd be over in minutes flat. Take care of yourself. I'll check in soon. And p.s. - vent away!

Rebecca said...

Hehehe! Oh Amy, it's nice to know that you need to "vent" like the rest of us! I'm so sorry you got bad luck on both ends of pregnancies, but, BOY!--you're children are beautiful and priceless! I love em! And yes, I'm willing to help too so ASK!