25 Things about me

I was tagged on facebook and thought I'd put my answers on here too...I was supposed to put 25 random things about myself.

1. I love the Northwest rainy weather mostly because of the green, but also because I can't stand being hot OR cold.
2. I take my job as a mom VERY seriously.
3. I like to be organized; I depend heavily on my Franklin Planner. I like that it's paper because I like to tuck notes and coupons in it.
4. I wish I lived on land. I love the idea of privacy and I want my kids to have that as a childhood memory. I grew up in a heavily wooded area. It was magical.
5. I love that my husband enjoys his work.
6. I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes.
7. I do a lot of Pilates (to make up for #6)
8. I never had braces or glasses.
9. ALL of my kids are going to need braces, and one already has glasses.
10. I get sick to my stomach when my kids get hurt.
11. I hate contention. I like peace in my home; I'm so lucky to have a great family!
12. I love the arts. Music, painting, literature, etc.
13. I feel too guilty to put my babies down so I hold them a lot.
14. Sushi is gross.
15. I have a soft spot in my heart for the library. I feel at home there. I go at least weekly.
16. I like to participate in community events.
17. I am really in good health, except when I'm pregnant and nursing (which I've been doing the last 10 years!)
18. Some of my favorite places that I've been to...Butchart Gardens in Victoria BC, Hawaii, Washington DC, Mount Rainier, the Oregon coast, Epcot Center. I'm sure my list will grow!
19. I don't like watching sports on TV.
20. I always like ordering dessert when I go out to dinner.
21. Confession: I've let my 9 year old baby-sit on occasion-it's not illegal in Oregon and she's more mature than most the 12 year olds.
22. I am interested in medicine and I rarely have a doctor tell me something I don't already know.
23. I have never felt comfortable in a swimsuit, not because of the normal body thing, because I am SO white. I have never been tan. Ever.
24. I like old people. I wish I could talk to my Grandmother Stevens who also had five kids who passed away when I was pregnant with my oldest.
25. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true Church of God and I strive to live it to the fullest.

3 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

You are such an amazing person. I really wish we lived closer so that I could learn more from your example :)

Amy F. said...

Likewise, Amy!

Jen Anderson said...

Reading this makes me love and miss you even more. I am so thankful to have you as a friend! Wish we weren't so far apart these days!