The Fair 9/2010


The Spokane Fair is a far cry from the Puyallup Fair I grew up going to.  (Earthquake Burgers and Fisher Scones anyone?)  It was still fun though. (Mostly for the kids.  I'm just so sick when I'm pregnant that all  those smells nearly killed me off.)  I scored some free tickets to use on a weekday.  Jesse was working.  We opted to stay away from the rides this year and spent most of our time in the 4H area. 


John REALLY liked the piglet races.  He isn't really a tantrum kind of kid, but I've never seen him get so upset when I wouldn't pay $5 to get his picture taken with this little guy.  He got over it eventually.  :)

Jessica and Annie enjoyed petting the sheep.


It was cool to see an old fashioned rope making machine.  It was common to have one at every farm back in the day.  This man gave each of the kids a little piece of rope with a color of their choice threaded in.  This was a good homeschool lesson!!

No comments: