News 5/10

What is the smartest thing to do when you've had the most stressful and worst financial year of your life? Get pregnant! To make it even more fun, get a subchorionic hemorrhage and spend a few weeks on bed rest (with five kids at home and hubby at work long hours).

All kidding aside, it has been one crazy year. I'm about 14 weeks along and baby seems to be doing fine, but all this bleeding is scary. It seems this will be an ongoing issue for this pregnancy. This will be our last baby, which is a relief in some ways (no more morning sickness and mastitis!), and sad in others (no more sweet children!).

My morning sickness decided to kick it up a notch the last few weeks so I feel like a crazy woman sometimes, but thankfully due to a great set of visiting teachers, sister-in-laws and in-laws we've been getting dinners and such. My sister Heather actually surprised me and flew up to take care of my house and all of us for about 6 days. She left yesterday. :) I want to say thanks for all the prayers and fasting in our behalf.

We're hanging in there. We're trying to count our blessings and keep our spirits up! It will get better, I know.

14 comments:

THE YOUNG-INS said...

Congrats Amy. I was wondering when you would be having another...hopefully you get one more boy so Jon can have a brother.

Katie Fox said...

Oh Congrats Amy! I'm sorry things are so crummy. It's nice to have family to help out some, I'm glad you have that. Hope your morning sickness passes quickly :)

Amy Eagleston said...

Congrats! You are an awesome mom and you and Jesse have the cutest kids ever.

Betsy Fox said...

I guess if you were to find the silver-lining it is that at least you know pregnancy doesn't last forever! This has been comforting to me at times. Wish we were there to help you out more.

camfox said...

Wow. Congratulations Amy, and I'm so sorry, all in one. So sorry that it's been so rough. I wish I could be of help. I'll keep you in my prayers at least.

Kirsten Brockner said...

Wow! Congrats! You keep such big news a secret!!! Hope you feel better soon...

Abe Fox said...

We're still praying for you, Amy, and your baby everyday! And I think the name-idea you guys have is awesome!

Cristy said...

I am thrilled for you that you are expecting another baby, but so sad that you aren't doing well! I hope that things get less stressful. I can't imagine how hard bedrest would be with 5 kids to take care of, not to mention teaching them as well. You are amazing!

Sonnet and Cameron said...

Congrats Amy and Jesse! You two make the most beautiful children! By the way, Happy Birthday a couple weeks late too. Sorry, I am a slacker. Hang in there with the morning sickness. That is no fun at all!

Amy F. said...

Dawn-thanks for the congrats. IT's our last one, so we're hoping it's a brother for John too!

Katie, my morning sickness is still going, but I know it will end eventually. :)

Amy-I always love hearing how cute my kids are!

Betsy-What makes me feel better is knowing this is the last time I'll have morning sickness!! Yay!

Camille-We love getting prayers on our behalf. Thanks!

Kirsten-When I'm feeling better in a few weeks, I need to call you and catch up for a while. It's been too long!

Abe-Thanks! We find out the sex tomorrow!! Hopefully we can use the name!

Christy-Thanks, I'm not on bedrest anymore, it sure makes me feel greatful to cook and clean when I see what happens when I'm in bed for a few weeks. :)

Sonnet- Thanks! I missed your birthday too. Happy belated birthday to you!!

Reese said...

Congrats!! You are a better woman than I am, my friend. I don't know how you do everything that you do. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Janet said...

Congratulations Amy! How wonderful to be preparing for another boy! I'm sorry you have felt so sick and have had some complications. You have certainly passed through trouble with grace and faith! I miss your lovely family, especially your talented daughters. Say hi for me.

Carrie said...

Congratulations Amy! You are such a strong woman and an amazing mother. If anyone can deal with all of this, it is you. YOu amaze me!!! We miss you and you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
xoxox

Tyra said...

Congratulations!! You are one amazing women. Things will get better, but in the mean time know how amazing you are. I don't know how you do it all.